Sprinkles and chocolate make these easy Funfetti Nutella Cupcakes a fun and colorful treat to share!
I am the kind of person that when I like something…I will wear, eat, or make that thing forever.
The other day I was talking with a friend about clothing. She informed me that I was a layers kind of girl. I must have had a funny look on my face because she proceeded to say that I always have on 1-2 tank tops in different colors with a sweater and a necklace or earrings. It is so true!
She completely described my all time go-to outfit. Later on that day I realized that I have been crushing on the same things for the past year or two. I guess it is safe to say that I know what I like.
Things I have been obsessing over for quite a while:
2. Cuff Bracelets
3. Green Smoothies
4. Cardigans and Tank Tops
5. Zebra print
7. Sprinkles and Glitter
8. Shopping for Food Props
9. Wearing different patterns together
A few weeks ago we had a dinner at our church and I volunteered to make dessert. I know…shocker there!
I had a jar of Nutella and a few jars of half full sprinkles that needed used up. (Nutella is one of those things I always keep on hand.) As I looked through the cupboard I found that I had one white cake mix left. I love making semi-homemade desserts that don’t take a lot of time. There are a few extra ingredients that can be mixed into cake mixes to give them a great homemade taste.
Even my desserts have layers in them. Cupcakes with frosting that is layered with lots of sprinkles! I took all my half full jars of pink sprinkles and made my own custom topping for these cute Funfetti Nutella Cupcakes.
The cupcakes were good, but the frosting…oh, my! This frosting was so delicious!!! I am in love with how fluffy and creamy the Nutella and whipping cream made this frosting. When it was piped on, it looked like a chocolate soft serve cone! You could seriously just eat the frosting with a spoon!
Now here is the best part of these cupcakes…today is World Nutella Day. I had no idea when I started editing the pictures of these Funfetti Nutella Cupcakes this past weekend.
It was fate that I had these all ready to share with you.
For the Funfetti Cupcakes
- 1 white cake mix (16.5 oz)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
For the Nutella Frosting
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a cupcake pan with 24 liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, buttermilk, and pudding. Beat on low for 1 minute, then beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Stir in the sprinkles by hand.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat the butter and Nutella together. Add the salt and vanilla and 2 Tablespoons whipping cream. Beat until creamy. Slowly add the powdered sugar.
- After all the powdered sugar is beaten in, add the last 2 Tbsp. whipping cream and beat for 1-2 minutes on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles if desired. Makes 24 cupcakes.
If you don't have buttermilk, you can also add 1 Tbsp. lemon juice and then finish filling with milk to equal 1 cup. Let stand for 5 minutes before using.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g
Looking for more ways to feed your Nutella cravings…
here are a few favorites from our kitchen.