Our chewy M&M Cookie Recipe gives you cookies that are thin and crispy around the edges and soft in the center. Each one is loaded with delicious colorful candies, so every bite is full of chocolate goodness. These are the perfect cookies for M&M lovers!
M&M's are one of my all time favorite candies. As a teenager I would always buy cookies with M&M's when my friends and I would hang out at the mall.
Over the years, I have tried making different recipes because I wanted to enjoy those cookies again. But none of them made thin and chewy cookies that tasted like the ones I remembered.
Finally after many, many batches of M&M cookies, we have perfected our own recipe. If you love the classic taste of M&M's, then these chewy cookies are just right for you.
Why We Love This Recipe
These mini M&M cookies are the best of both worlds. The crispy edges AND soft, chewy centers make them a favorite with everyone who tries them.
Plus, we loaded them with lots of M&M's, so you get a delicious chocolate fix with every single bite. It's such an easy recipe to customize for different holidays.
They are an irresistible treat that is perfect as an afternoon snack or an after dinner dessert. Grab a glass of milk and get dunking!
Main Ingredients Needed
You probably have all the ingredients you need in your pantry to make this M&M cookie recipe now.
- Butter - Using unsalted butter allows you control over how much salt is in the recipe. If you are using salted butter, reduce the amount in the recipe by ¼ teaspoon.
- Sugar - A mixture of granulated sugar and brown sugar sweetens these candy cookies.
- Eggs - Helps to bind the ingredients together and helps give them a chewy texture.
- Flour - We use all purpose flour in most of our recipes. Make you know how to properly measure flour, so your recipes turn out right every time.
- Cornstarch - This is the secret ingredient that I like to add to cookie recipes. It makes the cookies soft and tender and also chewy!
- Mini M&M's - In order to have more chocolate in these cookies, I like to use the mini candies. Honestly though, any M&M will work.
How to make M&M Cookies
In just minutes, you can have these chewy M&M cookies in your own kitchen. Follow our easy step-by-step instructions and in less than 30 minutes, you can be eating warm cookies right out of the oven.
- Make the cookie dough. Beat the room temperature butter and both sugars in a large bowl until very creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix again. Slowly start adding the dry ingredients until a soft dough comes together.
- Scoop into balls. Using a cookie scoop make 30 even dough balls. Roll each one into a nice round ball. Press a few candies into the tops.
- Bake the cookies. Bake 9-12 dough balls at a time on a prepared baking sheet. Allow the finished cookies to rest on the hot pan for a few minutes after they come out of the oven.
- Use a cookie scoop to divide the cookie dough into even balls.
- Pinch the sides of the rolled dough into taller balls. Almost like an egg shape. This keeps the centers soft and chewy.
- Add more M&M candies to the tops of the cookies before baking. Be gentle when pressing them into the dough because you do not want to flatten the balls.
- Want more chocolate in these cookies? Add ½ cup chocolate chips to the dough before baking.
- Use a Silpat or parchment paper on your baking sheets to keep the cookies from sticking.
- Want smaller, thinner cookies? Divide the dough into 36 balls and bake for 9 minutes.
- Cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
- Make an M&M cookie sandwich using two cookies and creamy vanilla frosting or vanilla ice cream.
Keep the cooled mini M&M cookies in a tightly sealed container on the counter for 3-4 days.
Freeze the cookies in freezer safe bags or containers for 2-3 months. Thaw on the counter for at least 15 minutes before serving.
What can I use instead of M&M's?
Feel free to use any other candy you like in these cookies. Crushed Butterfingers and Reese's Pieces are two that we love in these cookies.
How do you keep M&M's from cracking in the oven?
The high temperature in the oven causes the sugar shell to crack. There really is no way to avoid that. To make these cookies look their best, press a few more candies into the tops of the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven.
More M&M Recipes
- Blonde Brownies
- Vanilla Pudding Cookies
- Mickey Mouse Rice Krispie Treats
- M&M Blondies
- M&M Granola Bars
- No Bake Monster Cookie Balls
- Chocolate M&M Cookies
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.