Mocha Fudge Brownie Cake – layers of fudgy homemade brownies frosted with a sweet coffee whipped cream and chocolate curls. This brownie cake recipe is a delicious dessert to make for any party or event.
Again with the chocolate baking…I know, I know. I should weigh like a gazillion pounds with my horrible sweet tooth and all the baking I do.
But I have 2 words for you…Slimfast & Exercise! That is the only way that I can continue to bake these delish goodies and also enjoy eating them.
That and the fact that I don’t eat the whole pan. Believe me I am always tempted to just keep eating!
Then I go and put on those pants in the drawer.You know the ones we all have…the ones that if I just lose a few more pounds I could actually go in public wearing them. Those are my motivation for not eating all the chocolate goodness I see.
For the Brownie Cake
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
For the Coffee Filling
- 1 1/2 cups cold whipping cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons powdered instant coffee
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour the sides of a 9x13 pan.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add cocoa powder, stir until blended. Let cool slightly.
- Beat eggs in large bowl until foamy; add salt and vanilla. Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture, blend thoroughly. Fold in flour and pecans.
- Pour in prepared pan. Bake 20-25 min.Cool 5 minutes and then flip out of the pan. Cool completely.
- Combine filling ingredients, stir until dissolved. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Cut the cooled cake in half. Top half with coffee filling and place other half of cake on top.
- Frost the cake with the remaining filling and top with choc curls. Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 667Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 2gSugar: 49gProtein: 6g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.