This Strawberry Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is a delicious and fun way to say, “I love you” to your family and friends. Chocolate chips and chocolate covered strawberries make this easy strawberry cake recipe a pretty treat for any party or dinner.
Some of the things I remember doing when I was much younger were playing outside, climbing trees, and hiking through the woods. It was a much simpler time without the internet and all these gaming devices that kids have now.
We used our imagination and played with leaves and sticks. It’s kind of funny to look back at how much of a tomboy I was growing up. That isn’t me at all now. Getting dirty and being outside too much isn’t my cup of tea now.
One thing that I used to be opposed to was the color pink. Tomboys don’t wear pink! It was blue or black all the way. Fast forward 20+ years and now I’m a girlie girl who wears pink and loves cute clothes and accessories. Funny how that happens.
Not only do I like to wear pink, but I love baking pink food too. A few years ago I made these pretty Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes that are always popular this time of year, so this year I wanted to make a fun pink cake.
I have noticed lately that I have a thing for bundt cakes. Seriously, every cake I have made lately has been a bundt. What can I say, “I like big bundts, and I cannot lie.” LOL!
These bundt cakes are so soft and delicious that they really do not need any frosting. But I also have a thing against naked cakes, so I like to add chocolate drizzles.
It isn’t necessary, but it really does make the cake that much prettier. And extra chocolate is never a bad idea!
How to make a Strawberry Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake:
- Mix together the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, strawberry powder, sour cream, eggs, and oil in a large bowl. (full recipe at bottom of post)
- Gently stir mini chocolate chips into the strawberry cake batter.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased bundt cake and bake.
- Let it cool in pan 10-15 minutes, then flip out onto a plate to cool completely.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over the top of the cooled cake.
The last thing I added to the strawberry cake were some chocolate covered strawberries. You can use store-bought ones if you want, but they are very easy to make on your own.
How to make Chocolate Covered Strawberries:
- The biggest thing that I have learned with doing chocolate covered strawberries is that room temperature berries dip better. Cold ones tend to get slimy. And we know that slimy and chocolate is not a good combo!
- Make sure you use a good quality chocolate for dipping. Not only will it work better, but it will taste much better too.
- Roll a few of the dipped strawberries in mini chocolate chips before the chocolate coating sets up. You can also use nuts or sprinkles. Sprinkled berries would look so fun on top of this cake.
- Add white chocolate drizzles to the chocolate covered strawberries for another fun decoration.
Use a little bit of the melted chocolate to attach the finished berries to the top of the strawberry bundt cake, and push the decorated straws into the back.
Then get ready for everyone to think you bought the cake from the store because it looks so fancy! True story!
Other easy bundt cake recipes:
- Coconut Cream Bundt Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
- Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake
- Pina Colada Bundt Cake
More strawberry recipes:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Poke Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake Fluff Salad
- Mini Strawberry Pies
- Strawberry Shortcake Eclair Cake
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also created a fun new Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 5g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for this Strawberry Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake was first published on January 25, 2016. The photos and post were updated and republished April 27, 2020.