This Bisquick Blueberry Cobbler is a classic dessert that everyone loves. It is made with 5 simple ingredients and is so easy to make. Serve the warm cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious treat.
Most cobblers, including this blueberry cobbler recipe, only take a few minutes to put together. All you need are a few ingredients and one bowl.
Why This Recipe Works
Looking for an easy and delicious dessert that you can make in just a few minutes? This Bisquick Blueberry Cobbler is just what you need. You can mix the batter together and have the cobbler in the oven in under 10 minutes.
This simple cobbler recipe uses a blueberry pie filling and Bisquick baking mix to keep things easy. Cobbler so much easier than making a pie.
It's the perfect dessert to throw together when company shows up at your door unexpected. Your guests will love the sweet blueberry flavor and crisp golden topping.
Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a sweet and satisfying dessert.
Making a Bisquick blueberry cobbler is so easy to do with 6 simple ingredients. You probably have most of these ingredients in your kitchen pantry right now.
- Blueberry Pie Filling - You will need 2 cups of canned or homemade pie filling.
- Baking Mix - You can use store bought Bisquick or make your own homemade baking mix as a substitute.
- Sugar - Gives the cake like topping just the right amount of sweetness.
- Milk - Whole or 2% gives the cobbler topping a rich flavor and a tender crumb texture.
- Vanilla Extract - Adds a good flavor.
BRUCREW TIP: Sprinkle raw sugar on the batter right before baking to give it a golden color and crunch.
How to make Blueberry Cobbler
This blueberry cobbler recipe is quick and easy to make for dessert. If you are using a homemade pie filling, make it ahead of time so it has time to cool.
- Stir together the baking mix and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the milk and vanilla and stir until a thin batter forms.
- Spoon the blueberry pie filling into a buttered 8x8 baking dish. Pour the cobbler batter over the filling.
- Bake the blueberry dessert until the filling is hot and bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
Cover the cooled cobbler with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. It will keep for 4-5 days if covered properly.
Serve leftover cobbler cold or reheat single servings in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. You can also warm the entire cobbler in a warm oven for 20 minutes.
Tips and Tricks
- Butter the baking dish to add flavor and to make getting scoops of cobbler out easy.
- Make and cool the blueberry pie filling ahead of time.
- Add some cinnamon to the topping and lemon zest to the pie filling to give it a delicious flavor.
- If you notice the cake like topping getting too brown before the filling is bubbly.
- Change up the pie filling or fruit. Try different pie fillings or canned peaches for a different flavor dessert.
- Need to make it gluten free? Bisquick and other brands offer a gluten free baking mix.
- Serve warm blueberry cobbler with vanilla ice cream or this three ingredient whipped cream.
What is the difference between a cobbler and a crisp?
A cobbler has a soft biscuit or batter covering the fruit. A crisp or crumble is topped with oats and spices mixed with butter.
Can I make this easy blueberry cobbler recipe with fresh blueberries?
Yes, you can. Stir together 3 cups fresh fruit, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, and ⅓ cup sugar. Add to a buttered dish. Add the Bisquick topping and bake until bubbly and golden brown.
Can this be made ahead of time?
Cobbler is a great dessert to make 1-2 days ahead of time. The fruit dessert will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days if covered properly.
More Blueberry Recipes
- Easy Blueberry Pie
- Frozen Blueberry Yogurt
- Bisquick Blueberry Pancakes
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Blueberry Slushie
- Blueberry Orange Muffins
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.