Beat the heat with this quick and easy Oreo milkshake. We’ve combined creamy vanilla ice cream, cold coffee, and Oreo cookies to create a sweet shake that's unlike any other. It's the perfect way to cool off on a hot day.
Most days we brew a full pot of coffee, and finish it before the morning is over. But every once in a while we have leftovers, so I have to find ways to use the extra joe.
Usually I just freeze it into cubes for my cold brew coffee in the afternoon. But since it is hot and humid right now, I decided that a thick milkshake would be a fun afternoon treat.
I poured the extra coffee from the morning into the blender with vanilla ice cream and Oreo cookies. In minutes I was enjoying a mocha Oreo milkshake!
Why Make this Oreo Shake Recipe
If you love cookies and cream, this Oreo milkshake will satisfy your sweet tooth. No need to go out for dessert. It is easy to mix up fancy milkshakes in your own kitchen.
- Quick and easy. Toss everything into a blender, pulse until you reach your desired consistency, and enjoy.
- Great summer pick-me-up. Adding coffee to the Oreo shake gives it a little bit of a caffeine punch. Perfect for that afternoon slump when you need some energy.
- Loaded with Oreo cookies. The combination of crunchy cookies and creamy ice cream creates a rich and indulgent dessert.
You can create this delicious Oreo milkshake in minutes. All you need are three simple ingredients and a blender.
- Ice Cream - Vanilla ice cream is the classic flavor in this shake, but any flavor you love will work.
- Oreo Cookies - Gives the shake a delicious cookies and cream flavor. Plus, you can use them for a fun topping.
- Coffee - We love the flavor that chilled coffee gives these shakes. Feel free to use whatever milk you prefer instead.
How to Make an Oreo Milkshake
You can make an easy Oreo milkshake that is creamy, thick, and rich in just a few minutes.
- Add the ice cream and coffee (or milk) to a blender and pulse until mixed together.
- Add the Oreo cookie chunks and blend the mixture again. If you want larger chunks, blend it for less time.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce on the inside of chilled glasses. Spoon or pour the milkshake in right away. The cold drink will keep the syrup in place.
- Add a swirl of whipped cream, a mini Oreo cookie, some crushed Oreo crumbs, and serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks
- Use cold coffee. Hot coffee will melt your ice cream, leaving you with a thin and watery milkshake. Buy store bought cold brew coffee if you do not have a coffee maker.
- Don't like coffee? Use any type of milk that you have on hand.
- Make it thicker. Adjust the amount of milk or coffee in the blender. I like to start out with a little bit, and then add more as needed.
- Use different cookies. Mint or chocolate cream Oreos add a good flavor to the cookie shake.
- Try other ice cream flavors. Use coffee ice cream for a bigger coffee boost. Cookies and cream ice cream will give it an intense cookie flavor. Peppermint stick ice cream creates a fun holiday drink.
- Add chocolate syrup. The chocolate drizzle inside the glasses makes this look like a gourmet coffee shop drink. It's an optional step, but trust me and do it. It just makes the milkshake look and taste fancier.
The best way to thicken a milkshake is to add a little bit more ice cream to the blender. Pulse until you reach the consistency you are looking for. You can also add a frozen banana and blend it to make the milkshake thicker.
We have found that ¼ cup liquid to 1 cup ice cream made the best milkshake consistency. Feel free to add more or less of each ingredient.
Use frozen vanilla yogurt, fat free milk, and Oreo thins to make a lower calorie dessert.
More Oreo Desserts
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*This post was first published July 2011. The photos were updated June 2018 and it was republished July 2023.