This Easy Tiramisu Recipe has layers of creamy pudding and coffee-soaked ladyfingers. Get ready to indulge in a classic Italian dessert without turning on your stove. And the best part? You can prepare it ahead of time!
Today, I'm super excited to share one of my all-time favorite recipes with you – a foolproof, easy tiramisu that will make you look like a dessert rockstar!
This no-bake tiramisu recipe is perfect for any occasion. It's a simple and easy-to-make dessert that doesn't require raw eggs or cooking!
What is Tiramisu?
Authentic tiramisu is a beloved Italian dessert with ladyfingers soaked in coffee and liqueur. It is layered with mascarpone cheese and then topped with cocoa powder.
Our recipe offers a quick and easy alternative. It uses instant pudding, cream cheese, and Cool Whip instead of the traditional cooking method to achieve a similar taste and texture as classic tiramisu.
The dessert is prepared just like traditional tiramisu. It consists of layers of coffee-soaked ladyfingers and is topped with cocoa powder. It is both easy to make and delicious.
Why This Tiramisu Pudding Recipe Works
Tiramisu is delicious but time-consuming. Our easy recipe simplifies the method without losing flavor. Enjoy the same taste with everyday ingredients, plus no eggs or alcohol are required!
Enjoy the same flavors and textures you love using everyday ingredients. This recipe is easy to make and does not require eggs or alcohol!
- No cooking is required. This no-cook version uses cream cheese and a box of instant pudding to make this super easy version!
- Perfect make-ahead dessert. For the best results, let this simple recipe chill in the fridge to allow the flavors to blend. Make it the day before your event for an easy dessert!
- Kid-friendly. This Jello pudding tiramisu recipe is egg-free and alcohol-free, making it suitable for young children and pregnant women.
This dessert comes together quickly with a handful of simple ingredients that you'll find at the grocery store. You may even have some of these in your home already!
- Cream Cheese - Set it out ahead of time so it is soft. You can also use creamy mascarpone cheese for an authentic tiramisu.
- French Vanilla Pudding Mix - Make sure it is instant so it sets up correctly.
- Milk - 2% or whole milk will make the pudding set up better.
- Cool Whip - This gives the mixture a fluffy texture. You can also use heavy whipping cream to make this homemade whipped cream if you prefer that instead.
- Biscotti Ladyfinger Biscuits - This crispy cookie soaks up the coffee well. Savoiardi biscuits may not be available in every store, so you may need to order them online. Another cookie we like using is Stella Doro Margherite cookies, which can be found in most grocery stores.
- Coffee - Strong brewed coffee or espresso is best, but instant coffee granules can be used. If you are serving this to adults, add your favorite kind of alcohol, like rum or Kahlua.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - This adds flavor and color to the top of the finished tiramisu dessert.
Tiramisu can be made with or without alcohol. Our recipe does not include any alcohol because it is a dessert that both kids and adults can enjoy. However, there are instructions on adding alcohol if serving this dessert to adults only.
How to Make Easy Tiramisu
This easy dessert comes together in minutes and requires no baking. Make sure you plan enough time for the tiramisu recipe without alcohol to chill and set up before serving. This Italian dessert tastes better if you give the layers and flavors time to blend.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to beat the softened cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Whisk together the instant Jello pudding and milk in another bowl and let it set up slightly. Add it to the cream cheese, then beat it again. Gently fold in an entire container of Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture.
- Dip biscotti ladyfingers quickly in cold coffee and place one layer of ladyfinger cookies on the bottom of a 10-inch pan. You can use an 8-inch baking dish, but the tiramisu will end up taller.
- Spread half the cream mixture over the soaked cookies, then repeat the layers. Refrigerate the no-bake dessert for at least 4 hours so the ladyfingers soften and the flavors come together.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder over the dessert, then dig in with a fork.
To keep your tiramisu fresh, cover the serving dish well with a lid or plastic wrap or keep it in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for approximately 2-3 days.
To freeze, make the recipe, but do not dust it with cocoa powder. Place squares of plain tiramisu in a tightly sealed container and freeze for 1-2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and dust with cocoa powder right before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- Set the cream cheese out. You won't be able to whip cold cream cheese very well. Let it soften at room temperature first for a luscious, creamy texture.
- Don't overmix. After adding the Cool Whip, be careful not to fold too much. Otherwise, the whipped topping will collapse and make the cream layer too soft.
- Dip the cookies quickly. These crisp lady fingers will soak up liquid immediately, so give them a very fast dunk. Do not soak them too long, as they can become too mushy and lose their texture.
- Make an adult version. Use 1 ½ cups of strong coffee plus ½ cup of brandy or Kahlua to dip the cookies in.
- Serve it cold. This dessert tastes best served chilled. Take it out of the refrigerator just before serving for the best taste and texture.
- Adult-friendly - Add a splash of alcohol to the coffee mixture to infuse into the ladyfingers. Coffee liqueur is a great choice.
- Use espresso - For a more robust coffee flavor, use espresso instead of drip coffee.
- Use cake - If you can't find ladyfingers (and don't have time to make them from scratch), try using similar-sized sponge cake or pound cake. They will become softer than the cookies, but it works in a pinch!
- Homemade whipped cream - Instead of using Cool Whip, make your own whipped cream with heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Whip it with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
It's best to make this dessert ahead of time because it needs time to set up and for the flavors to deepen and blend. Store it in the fridge for a few days.
Ideally, use strong brewed coffee, espresso, or instant coffee. Some recipes might suggest coffee liqueur or a mix of coffee and rum for added flavor.
This easy recipe can be made with or without alcohol. Classic tiramisu calls for some alcohol or liqueur added to the coffee before dipping the ladyfingers.
Dark rum, amaretto, grand marnier, brandy, or a coffee liqueur are excellent choices for this easy tiramisu.
More Coffee-Flavored Dessert Recipes
- Caramel Coffee Fudge
- Coffee Ice Cream
- Coffee Brownies
- Espresso Brownies
- Coffee Popcorn
- Cappuccino Fudge
Do you love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5-star ⭐️ rating and a review in the comments section below.
*This post was first shared in June 2021. It was updated and then republished in November 2023.
**We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com .