The crunchy cinnamon sugar makes these baked Glazed Cinnamon Apple Donuts a sweet treat for breakfast. Two times the apple goodness keeps them soft for days.
*Be sure you sign up for the BruCrew email to get these recipes in your inbox each morning.
*This post was sponsored by Crunch Pak apples. All opinions are 100% my own.
Well, fall has definitely arrived here today. I had to go through the house and close all the windows because it was getting so chilly inside here. Last weekend for fall break we thought summer was trying to make a come back, so we had opened every window to air out the house while we could.
It was so nice that my husband even took the kids out for a boat ride. They really wanted to go tubing, but it wasn’t quite that warm. They did jump in a few times before deciding that the water really was too cold. I tried to tell them that, but sometimes you just have to learn it your own way.
And then back to 47 degrees today. With November coming in a few days, I think the chilly weather is here to stay.
Want to know my favorite way to warm up the house on chilly days? Baking fun things like donuts!!!
Donuts are such a fun treat to make for breakfast or for enjoying with coffee in the afternoon. I am definitely not a morning person, so my donut pan always gets a work out in the afternoon. Have you made donuts before? These Triple Chocolate Donuts and Cherry Lemonade Donuts are just a few of our favorites.
This month I used Crunch Pak apples to make these delicious Glazed Cinnamon Apple Donuts for my family. We always have bags of these ready to go apples in our refrigerator. These donuts are packed with shredded apples, apple cider, and Greek yogurt. That makes these kind of healthy, right? Well, healthier anyway. Gotta balance out the butter, sugar, and glaze some how!
For the Donuts
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1 cup shredded Crunch Pak apples
For the Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons apple cider
- cinnamon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a large donut pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the yogurt, egg, and vanilla and beat again.
- Sift together the baking powder, baking soda, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add this alternately with the apple cider to the butter mixture. Stir in the shredded apples by hand.
- Spoon the batter into a greased donut pan, filling the cavities only ½ full. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool in the donut pan for 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and apple cider. Dip the tops of the cooled donuts in the glaze.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Let set. Store in a loosely sealed container for 1-2 days.
*The glaze will start to soak into the donuts the longer they are stored. You can also double the glaze ingredients and dunk them a second time for better glaze coverage. If you do this, add the cinnamon sugar after the second round.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 238 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 263mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 25g Protein: 4g
*I am part of the Ambassador program for Crunch Pak apples. This post has been compensated, but all opinions are 100% my own.
**This post does contain an affiliate link. Inside BruCrew Life may receive a small percentage from sales made through these free links. As always these do not cost you any extra. Thank you for letting us share products we use this way.