Get ready for this Skinny Banana Bread to win you over with its amazing flavor and texture. This healthy banana bread recipe is made with extra bananas, oat flour, and coconut milk making it gluten free, vegan, and dairy free.
Skinny Banana Bread
I love using bananas in baked goods because you can cut out sugar since the bananas add so much extra sweetness. Once they turn dark and spotty, it’s time to start baking some type of banana bread recipe.
For this skinny banana bread, I cut out all of the refined sugar and used extra bananas and our favorite sweetener. After a few test runs with different ingredients, we ended up with a dairy free banana bread recipe that tasted like baked oatmeal and banana bread in every bite.
It is absolutely heavenly! Trust me and eat a slice of this amazing banana bread while it is still warm from the oven. You can thank me later for the best banana bread recipe around.
Ingredients for Healthy Banana Bread recipe
Using extra ripe bananas and a monk fruit sweetener give this vegan banana bread the right amount of sweetness without using eggs.
- Bananas – Ripe bananas add moisture and sweetness to this simple banana bread. Using extra banana instead of eggs keeps it vegan.
- Monk Fruit Sweetener – Adds a little bit of sweetness and keeps it sugar free. This sweetener has zero calories, zero carbs, and will not spike your blood sugars.
- Coconut Oil – Great substitute for butter if you have someone who is lactose intolerant or if you need a dairy free recipe.
- Oat Flour – Store bought or you can make your own oat flour by grinding rolled oats into a fine, fluffy flour.
- Baking Soda – Provides a little bit of lift in the bread.
- Cinnamon and Salt – Adds flavor and balances the sweetness.
- Coconut Milk – You can also use oat milk or almond milk.
- Mini Chocolate Chips – Just a 1/4 cup adds the the right amount of chocolate in each bite. Use dairy free chocolate chips to keep the recipe completely dairy free.
How to make Skinny Banana Bread
This healthy banana bread recipe is easy to mix together in one bowl. The recipe makes three little bread loaves, so you can enjoy them three days in a row.
- Stir the mashed bananas and monk fruit sweetener together in a mixing bowl.
- Beat in the melted coconut oil.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix them in to the wet ingredients alternately with the coconut milk.
- Add the mini chocolate chips and stir gently.
- Spoon into 3 mini bread loaf pans and top with extra chocolate chips and rolled oats.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then flip out of the pan onto a plate.
- Whole wheat flour or a mixture of different flours can be used in place of the oat flour.
- Use your favorite sweetener or regular granulated sugar in place of the monk fruit.
- Add 1/2 cup nuts or fruit to the batter to give it a fun twist.
- Stir in 1/2 cup shredded coconut for a tropical flair.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you store this banana bread?
Keep the skinny banana bread covered or inside a tightly sealed container, and it will last 3-4 days.
Can vegan banana bread be frozen?
Yes it can. Place the cooled banana bread loaf in a freezer bag and freeze for 2-3 months. Place the bag on the counter for the banana bread to thaw out before eating.
More Banana Bread Recipes
- Reese’s Banana Bread
- Banana Bread with sour cream
- Oreo Banana Bread
- Chocolate Banana recipe
- Ginger Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Banana Bread
Other Healthy Recipes
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life? Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
Stay in touch with us through social media. Don’t forget to tag me in your photos when you try one of our recipes.
I also created a Facebook group and would love for you to join. Share recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. Request to join HERE.
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3-4 medium)
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips + extra for the top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Spray 3 mini bread pans with nonstick spray.
- Beat bananas, monk fruit, and oil until mixed.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix in. Slowly mix in the coconut milk
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips and spoon evenly into the prepared pans. Sprinkle the tops with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then flip out onto a plate. Quickly flip the bread back over so the chocolate doesn't stick to the plate. Let cool 10-15 minutes before cutting into it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.
*The post for Skinny Banana Bread was first published June 27, 2013. The post and photos were updated and reposted July 20, 2021.