Healthy Banana Bread is a delicious choice for breakfast or snack. This banana bread recipe is made with extra bananas, oat flour and coconut oil making it gluten free, vegan, and dairy free.
This healthy banana bread will win you over with its amazing flavor and texture. Think baked oatmeal meets banana bread meets chocolate chips.
It’s seriously so good if you eat a slice while it is still warm from the oven.
For this particular bread, I cut out all of the refined sugar. Using a little bit of monk fruit and extra ripe bananas gave it the right amount of sweetness.
After a few test runs, we ended up with a dairy free banana bread recipe that tasted like baked oatmeal and banana bread in every bite. It is heavenly!
The bananas on the counter need to hurry up and turn brown because I can’t wait to make this healthy banana bread again!!!
Ingredients for Vegan Banana Bread recipe:
- Bananas – Ripe bananas add moisture and sweetness to this simple banana bread. Using extra banana instead of eggs keeps it vegan.
- Monk Fruit Sweetener – Adds a little bit of sweetness and keeps it sugar free. This sweetener has zero calories, zero carbs, and will not spike your blood sugars.
- Coconut Oil – Great substitute for butter if you have someone who is lactose intolerant or if you need a dairy free recipe.
- Oat Flour – Make your own oat flour by grinding rolled oats into a fine, fluffy flour.
- Baking Soda – Provides a little bit of lift in the bread.
- Cinnamon and Salt – Adds flavor and balances the sweetness.
- Mini Chocolate Chips – Just a 1/4 cup adds the the right amount of chocolate in each bite. Use dairy free chocolate chips to keep the recipe completely dairy free.
How to make Oat Flour Banana Bread:
- Mash the ripe bananas and mix in the monk fruit.
- Beat in the melted coconut oil.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and mix them in alternately with the coconut milk.
- Add the mini chocolate chips and stir gently.
- Spoon into 3 mini bread loaves and top with extra chocolate chips and rolled oats.
- Bake and cool.
- Whole wheat flour or a mixture of different flours can be used in place of the oat flour.
- Use your favorite sweetener or regular granulated sugar in place of the monk fruit.
- Add nuts or fruit to the batter to give it a fun twist.
How long can this banana bread be stored?
Keep the banana bread covered or inside a tightly sealed container and it will last 3-4 days.
Can this vegan banana bread be frozen?
It can also be frozen for later if needed. Place in a freezer bag and freeze for 2-3 months. Place bag on counter to thaw out before eating.
More banana bread recipes:
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
- Cookies and Cream Banana Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Gingerbread Banana Bread
Other healthy recipes:
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3-4 medium)
- 1/4 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips + extra for the top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Spray 3 mini bread pans with nonstick spray.
- Beat bananas, monk fruit, and oil until mixed.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix in. Slowly mix in the coconut milk
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips and spoon evenly into the prepared pans. Sprinkle the tops with extra chocolate chips.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then flip out onto a plate. Quickly flip the bread back over so the chocolate doesn't stick to the plate. Let cool 10-15 minutes before cutting into it.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.