Adding marshmallow ears and candy eyes make these Chocolate Coconut Bunny Cupcakes an adorable treat to serve for Easter.
One of the running jokes in our house around Easter is all about the chocolate bunnies in the store. You see I swear up and down that the chocolate bunnies in my Easter basket as a child were at least 2 feet tall and solid chocolate. You would still be gnawing on that thing in July!!
But my husband says that over the years my mind has forgotten what size those bunnies really were. He also says there is no way that a 2 foot bunny would be solid because it would cost a small fortune. Whatever! I know what I remember!!
I am also still majorly obsessed with using candy googly eyes. You had to know a fun googly-eyed bunny was bound to happen this year, right? The Oreo Bunny Pops and Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Bunnies needed a new bunny friend.
Let me show you how easy these are to make:
1. Use a bunny cookie cutter to cut ears out of the flat Stacker Mallows.
2. Use a sharp knife to cut a hole in the bottom of each ear and press a short lollipop stick in it.
3. Spread a thin layer of corn syrup in the middle of each ear.
4. Sprinkle with pink sanding sugar.
5. Press the ears into the cupcakes.
6. Add the face to the front of the cupcake.
7. Die over how cute these are!!!
Of course, if you really want, you could serve the cupcakes plain…
or with a few Robin Eggs on top for some color.
But why would you serve plain naked cupcakes when you can make marshmallow ears and have a bunny on these chocolate coconut cupcakes? You have to make these because they are SO stinking adorable!
I seriously can’t wait to make more cute chocolate coconut bunny cupcakes!!!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe: