Looking for one more fun and delicious pumpkin bread recipe this fall? You need to try this Caramel Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Bread. It is loaded with chocolate and topped with an amazing caramel frosting!
*Make sure you sign up for the BruCrew email, so you see these recipes in your inbox each morning.**
And yes, you totally need to try it. I mean it’s chocolate, duh! That means it is totally fabulous! And topped with caramel frosting…double fabulousness going on in this here bread!
Of course if you really are not into chocolate like I am (who are you?), this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread might be more your speed. It’s chocolate-y but more pumpkin-y! But seriously, just go for the double chocolate version! It’s to die for!!!
So I had to laugh when I saw my good friend Dorothy post about her Maple Glazed Pumpkin Bread. She mentioned the billions of pumpkin breads floating around cyberspace, but that we needed hers too.
Oh, I wasn’t laughing at her or that comment…I was laughing because I had made this pumpkin bread the week before, and I wanted to convince everyone that they needed in their life too!
Take a good look at this bread. Would you call it bread or cake?
My hubby and the kids called it cake. I resisted…it’s totally pumpkin bread. Then I took it with us when we went to dinner at our friends house. Of course my hubby had to bring up our bread vs. cake discussion while they were eating a slice. I was completely outnumbered by all of them.
Apparently frosting on bread turns it into cake. But I’m still holding strong to the title bread. I mean I made it in a bread pan with a pumpkin bread recipe…it’s bread!!! LOL!
Chocolate, pumpkin, caramel…who cares if it is bread or cake, right?
You need this crazy goodness in your life right now!!!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup caramel filled chocolate chips (or regular)
For the caramel frosting
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 bread pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Combine the sugars, oil, eggs, and pumpkin until mixed together.
- Sift together the baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, flour, and cocoa powder.
- Slowly beat it into the sugar mixture alternately with the milk. Stir in the chocolate chunks and caramel chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread the batter in the prepared bread pan. Bake for 70 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Flip out onto a plate and cool completely.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the brown sugar and stir for 2 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves all the way.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the milk and vanilla. Let cool for 4-5 minutes. Beat in the powdered sugar.
- Spread on the top of the cooled bread immediately. Top with mini chocolate chips if desired.
*If you cannot find the caramel filled chocolate chips, use extra chocolate chunks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 349mgCarbohydrates: 85gFiber: 2gSugar: 67gProtein: 5g
More pumpkin recipes our family enjoys: