Cranberry Fluff Salad is the perfect addition to your holiday table. It is a delicious and light dish that can be made in 5 minutes with just 5 ingredients. This creamy fruit salad will be the star of your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Fluff salads and ambrosia dessert are classic holiday side dishes. Forget the main dish because I just want to fill my plate with sides and fluff dessert. I’m totally on board with eating dessert and calling it “dinner”.
For some reason I’m all about cranberry desserts this year, so I couldn’t wait to add my homemade cranberry sauce to a sweet fluff dessert.
The combination of tangy cranberry sauce and pineapple is sweetened and toned down with mini marshmallows and whipped cream. Nuts are a great way to add a delicious crunch to the cranberry fluff salad.
Why You Will Love This Salad
- This fluff recipe comes together in minutes with just 5 ingredients.
- It is a great side dish or dessert to serve for any holiday.
- The classic dish will remind you of childhood Christmas dinners.
- A pretty pink color makes the dish stand out on the table.
Your family will be begging you to make this cranberry fluff recipe all year long because it tastes just like the one grandma used to make.
What You’ll Need
In just 5 minutes you can have big bowl of this cranberry fruit salad chilling in your fridge. All you need are these 5 simple ingredients.
- Cranberry Sauce – I love using fresh cranberries to make this whole berry cranberry sauce. Save time by using a 15 ounce can.
- Crushed Pineapple – Make sure to drain this very well.
- Pecans – I like to chop the nuts to small bite sized pieces. You can also use walnuts or almonds.
- Mini Marshmallows – Adds a light and fluffy texture to the pink dessert salad. They also help to absorb extra moisture from the fruit. You can use regular or fruity marshmallows for this fluff recipe.
- Cool Whip – A whole container gives the cranberry fruit salad a light and fluffy texture. If you want, you can use 3 cups of this easy homemade whipped cream instead.
How to make Cranberry Fluff
You can make this delicious fluff dessert without even turning on your oven. The best part about this recipe is how easy it is to prepare. Stir everything into a big bowl and you are done in 5 minutes. You can serve it immediately or chill for a few hours to let it thicken and blend.
- Stir the fruit, marshmallows, and finely chopped pecans in a large bowl.
- Gently fold in the thawed whipped topping until light and creamy.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours for best flavor and texture.
How to Store
Keep the cranberry fluff in a sealed container in the refrigerator. It will keep for 2-3 days, although it is best if served the day it is made.
If you do make this ahead of time, give it a good stir right before serving as the fruit starts to get watery as it sits.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to drain the canned pineapple very well before stirring it into the mixture. A fine mesh strainer works great for this.
- Refrigerate the cranberry fluff for a couple of hours to give it time to thicken and blend.
- Toast the nuts for a few minutes in a dry skillet. Stir often and remove from the heat once you start to smell the smell of toasted nuts.
- Add different fruits such as apples, grapes, or mandarin oranges to the fluff.
- Orange zest and shredded coconut also gives the salad a great flavor and texture.
Can you make cranberry salad ahead of time?
You can make this cranberry side dish 1-2 days ahead of time, although it is best if served within 12 hours of making it. If you do make it ahead of time, stir it before serving.
Can you freeze cranberry fluff?
I don’t recommend freezing this fluff because it will be watery when it thaws.
What do you serve with fluff salad?
This easy fluff dessert is a delicious recipe that works well as a dessert or side dish. Serve it at barbecues, picnics, or holiday dinners.
- McCormick Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Old Fashioned Green Bean Casserole
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- Turkey Cranberry Salad
More Fluff Salads
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please consider leaving a 5 star ⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further below.
- 1 - 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1 1/2 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 - 8 ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- Stir together the drained pineapple, cranberry sauce, nuts, and mini marshmallows in a large bowl.
- Fold in the thawed Cool Whip gently.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be accurate. If you need special diet advice, please see a registered dietician.