M&M Nutella Popcorn

This Nutella Popcorn is the perfect movie night snack.  You won’t be able to resist eating this sweet and salty treat.
Nutella_Popcorn

Last week my husband asked me to make a sweet popcorn munch for one of his church meetings.  He knows I love making popcorn munches.

I’m sure you have noticed how obsessed with fun popcorn I have become.  Have you seen this Reese’s Popcorn,  this Coffee Toffee Popcorn, and this S’mores Popcorn.  Yeah, I love creating (and eating) fun new popcorn.

I decided to cover this popcorn with a healthy coating of white chocolate and Nutella and some salt.  I couldn’t stop eating handfuls of this while it was in our kitchen.  Something kept drawing me back to the bowl for more and more.  And for research purposes, I just kept munching.  This Nutella Popcorn is magical I tell you!

Nutella_Popcorn

I love a good sweet and salty treat, and this popcorn has both covered.  The salt helps balance out the super sweet coating and M&M candies.   I love how the candy gave it a fun and bright pop of color.  This would be the perfect snack for watching the Oscars this weekend.  You might want to make a double batch if you have anyone else watching with you :-)   I know we will be munching the night away.

Nutella_Popcorn

This popcorn would also make a great St. Patrick’s day treat.

Yes, I know Valentine’s just ended, but I was over the pink and red, so of course I thought of the next holiday.  The best thing with this popcorn is that you can tint that extra drizzle of chocolate any color for any holiday.  The M&M’s can be changed out for the different holidays too.  I just happen to love those plain mini M&M’s…and it’s what I had in the cupboard that day.

If you are giving this away for St. Patty’s Day, place it in clear plastic bags or jars and tie with a ribbon or some green twine.  Thank you Pick Your Plum for keeping me supplied with fun twine colors.

Nutella_Popcorn

Game nights and marathon movies are the perfect excuse for making this big batch of Nutella Popcorn.  Really it is a good snack any day or time of the week.

Nutella_Popcorn

Stay up to date on our crazy baking
by following the BruCrew here:

FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM

**********************

Looking for more sweet popcorn to munch on?

Monster Cookie Dough Popcorn

Monster Cookie Dough Popcorn

Chocolate covered banana popcorn

Banana Crunch Popcorn

almond joy popcorn 2

Almond Joy Popcorn

Fudge Mint Popcorn 2

Fudge Mint Popcorn

M&M Nutella Popcorn

Yield: 8 cups

M&M Nutella Popcorn

Nutella popcorn gets a fun sweet and salty twist from salt and M&M's.

8 cups popped popcorn
13 oz. white CandiQuik, divided
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup miniature M&M candies, divided
green gel food coloring (I use Wilton)

1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Place the popcorn in a large bowl. Follow the package directions to melt 12 oz. CandiQuik in the microwave. When melted and smooth, stir in the Nutella. Stir until melted and smooth again. Pour over the popcorn and toss until completely coated. Place popcorn on lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and 1/4 cup M&M's and toss again. Let set in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
  2. Place the remaining 1 oz. CandiQuik in a small bowl and melt. Using a toothpick, add a drop of gel food color to the melted chocolate. Stir. Repeat if you want a darker color. Place in a plastic bag and cut the tip off. Drizzle over set popcorn and sprinkle with the other 1/4 cup M&M's. Let set. Store in a sealed container for 3-5 days. Makes 8 cups.

If you liked this Nutella Popcorn, you might also like:

Tagalong Popcorn from Something Swanky

Twix Caramel Popcorn from Two Peas and their Pod

Biscoff Rolo Popcorn from Crumbs and Chaos

Shared on: Treasures, Creative Time Out, Taste and Tell, Pin It, Somewhat Simple, Chic & Crafty, I’m Lovin It, Weekend Potluck, Weekend Wrap Up, Sweet & Savory, Super Show & Tell, Sundae Scoop, Talent Show, Take a Look, Lil Luna, Whimsy, What’s In Your Kitchen, What’s Cooking,

Comments

Excuse me while I pin this deliciousness…Ok, now for what I came here to tell you! :) I’m thrilled to let you know that I’ve nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award!! You can check out the post where I nominated you, linking to your fabulous blog, at: http://chattingoverchocolate.blogspot.com/2013/02/receiving-and-bestowing-honor-of.html …Congrats! Have a terrific night, Jocelyn!
    Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com recently posted..Receiving and Bestowing the Honor of the Versatile Blogger Award!My Profile

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

I wish I had packaged up a secret stash! Guess that means I just need to make more to stuff my face with! Thanks for the sweet comment :-)

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

First of all…webinar about food trends…how stinking cool is that!! How do you get these crazy awesome connections? Second…popcorn is now a trend…I love that I am so on a trend right now. That never happens :-)

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

Thanks Leslie. Popcorn is the perfect snack to share with others. I can’t wait to hear which one you make and take.

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

I am right there with you and the growing snacking problem…I also have a growing weight problem that comes with enjoying all these yummy treats!

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

Believe me it was hard to bag it up and get it out…I seriously wanted to hide in a closet with all of it :-)

This looks soooo crunchy, sweet, and delicious! The covered popcorn recipes I have tried before all get soggy by the next day. I can’t figure out why you can buy caramel popcorn in bags at the supermarket, but my homemade caramel corn is a sticky mess the next day. I will definitely give this a try! I’d love to be able to mail some of this deliciousness to my son at college.
    Wendy recently posted..Hugs and Kisses Brownies with a Cup of JoeMy Profile

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

Out of Nutella? I don’t know those words :-) I’m thinking you should definitely add Nutella to your shopping list this week…it sounds like your son needs popcorn :-)

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

Actually my hubby doesn’t ask for things too often either, so when he does, I jump all over making it! He isn’t that into sweets, so he doesn’t really ever try the crazy things I make.

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

Too funny…my son just came home from school saying he had to have a pb and nutella sandwich. I’m thinking your son is going to love this popcorn!!!

Congratulations on being featured on Strut Your Stuff Saturdays at Six Sisters’ Stuff! I am a new follower.

You need to start a “gourmet-popcorn-of-the-month-club” or something like that. I’m going to the store later and I think white chocolate, popcorn and mini M&M’s just appeared on my shopping list!
    LuAnn Braley recently posted..25 Questions to Ask Your GrandparentsMy Profile

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

For these I used the smaller baking M&M’s, but you could use any size. Chocolate is chocolate :-)

Oh yeah, now that I’ve actually read the recipe — it doesn’t go in the oven hahaaaaa. One more question then I promise I will make it & leave you along — is CandiQuik just the melting candies, like Wilton’s?? I think I only have white chocolate chips — would those work?
        Michelle recently posted..It’s been 9 months ….My Profile

• Jocelyn Brubaker says

Yes, CandiQuik is a melting chocolate. You could use the white chocolate chips too, they just don’t set quite as hard as the melting chocolate. It will be ok though! I hope you like the popcorn!!!

1. [...] M&M Nutella Popcorn from Inside BruCrew Life: I am a serious popcorn lover. I used to just eat it straight up and enjoy it. Caramel corn, yep I’d make it sometime. Then I made that Maple Bacon Caramel Corn with Pecans and realized there was a whole creative popcorn-making world out there. Now I am all about taking popcorn to the next level. So when I saw this popcorn tossed with Nutella and mini M&M’s I knew I needed this in my life. What’s even better? I hit the creative popcorn jackpot!! Jocelyn has all sorts of popcorn recipes on her site like Reese’s Popcorn, Almond Joy Popcorn, Coffee Toffee Popcorn, Banana Crunch Popcorn and believe it or not, EVEN MORE! I’m in heaven! [...]