This Coconut Oreo Fudge is such an easy fudge recipe to make. Creamy coconut goodness sitting on a chocolate cookie crust is the perfect spring dessert. Oh, yeah!
I tend to get on flavor kicks every so often. This time of year, I start to crave all things coconut.
I think it is because it is getting warmer outside and that makes me think about tropical things like palm trees, sun, sand, and coconut.
Coconut is one of those things that I love to add to just about everything. Our kids do not like it though, so I like to “hide” it in things like these Blueberry Coconut Scones or this Tropical Banana Bread.
Usually, I forget that little fact when the kids ask what I made for the day.
I am on a mission to make fudge all year long, so coconut fudge was bound to happen sooner or later.
Coconut is the perfect flavor for spring or summer. This layered fudge would be so pretty for Easter parties.
One of my favorite things to add to fudge are layers. This easy fudge has the best coconut flavor and a fun Oreo cookie crust.
So, when I started thinking about a coconut fudge, I knew I wanted a crust layer with that too. I almost went with a coconut cookie crust, because you can never have enough coconut.
But then I saw the Oreo cookies in the store, and all of a sudden I knew that chocolate and coconut was the way to go.
This coconut cream fudge is so easy to make. You can seriously have it in the pan in under 20 minutes.
How to make Oreo Coconut Fudge:
- Stir the butter and cookie crumbs together and press the mixture into the bottom of a foil lined pan.
- Add white chocolate chips, butter, and cream of coconut in a saucepan and heat over low heat until melted and creamy.
- Add the marshmallow cream, coconut extract, and shredded coconut and stir together.
- Pour the coconut fudge on top of the crust. Refrigerate until set.
- Remove and let come to room temperature before cutting into small squares.
Fudge Making Tips:
Use a food processor to crush the cookies (and the cream filling) into crumbs.
Heat the fudge ingredients over low-medium heat. If your temperature is too hot, it can scorch or burn the chocolate.
Make sure all the ingredients are completely mixed in before pouring it into the pan.
Let it set up completely before cutting it into squares.
More easy fudge recipes:
- Marshmallow M&M’s Fudge
- Mint Brownie Swirl Fudge
- Peanut Butter Avalanche Fudge
- Salted Caramel Snickers Fudge
- Twix Fudge
- Funfetti Cookies and Cream Fudge
Other coconut dessert recipes:
- Coconut Cream Fruit Dip
- Coconut Fudge Pie
- Lemon Coconut Cupcakes
- Coconut Cream Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Coconut Bars
Connect with Inside BruCrew Life! Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
I also have a Facebook group, and I would love for you to join. It’s a group where you can share your favorite recipes, ask questions, share photos, and see what’s new with the BruCrew. If you would like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (20 cookies)
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup marshmallow cream
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the lined pan. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine the white chips, butter, and cream of coconut. Stir over medium low heat until melted and creamy.
- Add the marshmallow cream, coconut extract, and shredded coconut and stir until completely melted and creamy.
- Pour on top of the cookie crust. Refrigerate until set.
- Remove and let come to room temperature before cutting into 36 squares. Store in a loosely sealed container for 3-4 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 56mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
*The post for Coconut Oreo Fudge was first published on April 18, 2013. The photos and post were updated and republished on February 18, 2020.