Looking for an easy fudge recipe? This Coconut Oreo Fudge is a fun way to satisfy your sweet tooth while you wait for summer to come.
I tend to get on flavor kicks every so often. When I start with a particular food item, I like to use it in everything.
Coconut is one of those things that I have been putting in a lot of things lately. If you don’t like coconut, this might be the time go surf my recipe page for something else to make.
I am on a mission to make fudge all year long, so I knew coconut fudge had to happen. It is the perfect summer time fudge.
Coconut makes me think of the tropics, which makes me think of sunshine and the beach, and that makes me long for summer. Kind of funny how I get all that from the coconut huh?
Lately every fudge I make has two things in it : Jello instant pudding and some sort of layers. Today’s fudge of course doesn’t disappoint. It has coconut cream pudding and a fun Oreo crust.
I like texture with my fudge apparently. Remember this Strawberry Shortcake Fudge? The crust is totally what set it apart.
So when I started thinking about a coconut fudge, I knew I wanted a crust layer with that too. I almost went with a coconut cookie crust, because you can never have enough coconut. But then I saw the Oreo cookies in the store, and all of a sudden I knew that chocolate and coconut was the way to go.
I did try to cut some of the butter in the cookie crust, but it was too crumbly for me. It didn’t take away from the taste, but I think you need to use all the butter in the recipe.
Unless you are ok with your crust crumbling apart as you try to eat it. I wasn’t that crazy about losing pieces of that glorious crust, so trust me on this one and add all the butter in the recipe.
This fudge is so easy to make. You can seriously have it in the pan in under 20 minutes. I like to use a food processor to crush the cookies.
Stir in the butter and press in a pan and that is ready to go. Then melt all the ingredients into a creamy deliciousness and pour that right on top of the crust.
My advice is to make this coconut Oreo fudge right before you go to bed because it does take a little bit of time to set up. If you make it the night before, it is ready to cut first thing in the morning.
Go ahead and have a piece for breakfast. It would be the right thing to do.
- 4 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 10 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 - 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 3.4 ounce box instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow cream
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of the lined pan. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan combine the white chips, butter, and sweetened condensed milk. Stir over medium low heat until melted and creamy.
- Add the instant pudding and stir for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add the shredded coconut and marshmallow cream and stir until completely melted and creamy.
- Pour on top of the cookie crust. Let set completely. Cut into 80 squares. Store in a sealed container on the counter for 5-6 days.
- Ninja Blender/Food Processor with 450-Watt Base, 48oz Pitcher, 16oz Chopper Bowl, and 40oz Processor Bowl for Shakes, Smoothies, and Meal Prep (QB1004)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 228 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 146mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 25g Protein: 3g
Other coconut recipes that you might enjoy: