Crispy Sriracha Ranch Fish Tacos loaded with a sweet and spicy coleslaw and crumbled cheese makes an easy and delicious dinner that everyone will love.
*I am partnering with SeaPak this fall to bring you this recipe. As always, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
A few months ago my mom came down to watch our youngest kids while my hubby and I took our oldest out to college. While she was here, we went out to the beach to take a few family pictures. Afterwards, we stopped at a small taco restaurant near there for dinner.
Nine times out of ten if there are fish or shrimp tacos on the menu, I’m going to get it. This day was no different.
I knew what I was getting as soon as I saw the fish tacos. Eating more fish is definitely something that has changed since I was a child. My mom said she never had a problem getting me to eat my veggies, but meat and fish on the other hand was always a struggle.
Thank goodness I grew up. My taste buds have changed because now I’m a big fan of certain types of fish, and I love eating these Caribbean Jerk Shrimp Tacos.
I am always looking for ways to enjoy these tacos at home too, so I am super excited to partner with SeaPak this month. Their new products makes it so easy to enjoy restaurant-style recipes in the comfort of your home.
Did you know that the USDA recommends eating at least two 4-ounce servings of seafood each week? Added fish tacos to our meal plans a few times a week will help us reach that goal.
I love that my local Walmart carries plenty of SeaPak products, so that I can keep our freezer stocked with plenty of fish and shrimp. This makes getting dinner on the table so much easier.
One thing that I really enjoy having on a fish taco is either Pineapple Peach Salsa or coleslaw.
Our youngest son loves anything and everything spicy, so I decided to incorporate some Sriracha sauce into an easy to prepare coleslaw to go with our tacos that night.
I also decided to add a can of pineapple tidbits to the slaw as well because there is just something so good about the combo of sweet and spicy. Trust me. It was a great addition!
Tips for making Crispy Sriracha Ranch Fish Tacos:
- Cut up a red pepper and some cilantro and stir it into a bag of coleslaw mix.
- Whisk together the vinegar, honey, ranch dressing, Sriracha, and lime juice and pour it over the slaw mixture. Use a spoon to toss everything together until it is coated.
- Stir in the drained pineapple and season to taste with some salt and pepper. Refrigerate the coleslaw for an hour so that the flavors have time to mix together.
- Place the frozen fish on a sheet pan and bake according to the box directions.
- Immediately serve the cooked fish on tortilla shells with the coleslaw.
- Top each taco with a little bit of crumbled queso fresco cheese and some diced cilantro and enjoy!
- 1 bag coleslaw mix (about 6 cups)
- ½ cup diced cilantro
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- salt and pepper, taste
- 1 – 8 ounce can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 – 12.5 ounce boxes SeaPak Beer Battered Cod
- 10 – 6 inch flour tortillas
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Combine the coleslaw, cilantro, and red pepper in a bowl.
- Whisk together the ranch dressing, vinegar, honey, Sriracha sauce, and lime juice. Pour over the coleslaw mix and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Stir in the drained pineapple. Refrigerate one hour.
- Bake the fish according to the package directions. Serve immediately on tortillas with coleslaw and crumbled cheese. Serves 5.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 21mg Sodium: 560mg Carbohydrates: 39g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 8g Protein: 11g
*This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of SeaPak. The opinions and text are all mine.