This easy No Bake Eggnog Pie comes together in minutes. Layers of no bake cheesecake and eggnog pudding in an Oreo cookie crust makes this a delicious dessert for the holidays.
We always buy at least 1 carton of eggnog for Christmas. There is just something I love about drinking this thick holiday beverage during the holiday season.
Although my absolute favorite way to use eggnog is in baked goods. Some of my favorites are eggnog cake, these eggnog thumbprints, and this eggnog pie.
The holidays tend to get busy, so I am always looking for quick and easy recipes. This year I used our leftover eggnog in an easy no bake pie that got rave reviews.
Why This Works
This no bake eggnog pie is so easy to make in minutes. It's the perfect recipe to make when you want something sweet but don't feel like baking.
The layers come together quickly and create a light and fluffy pie that tastes like the holidays.
- Easy no bake pie recipe that can be made ahead of time.
- Great way to use up the leftover eggnog in your fridge.
- Perfect dessert for anyone who loves eggnog.
- Delicious recipe to share at holiday parties or gatherings.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this eggnog pie recipe. Just give yourself enough time to let it chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving it.
- Crust - You can buy a store bought crust or make a homemade Oreo cookie crust using Golden Oreos.
- Cheesecake Filling - A mixture of cream cheese and powdered sugar creates a creamy no bake cheesecake filling.
- Cool Whip - Adds a fluffy texture to the pie layers. Feel free to make a few batches of this homemade whipped cream, if you prefer homemade instead.
- Vanilla Pudding - Make sure you buy a box of instant pudding for best results.
- Eggnog - Full fat is best because it gives it the best flavor and sets up the best. You can use any brand that you like.
BruCrew Tip: Add swirls of eggnog whipped cream to the top of the pie for even more eggnog flavor.
How to Make a No Bake Eggnog Pie
This eggnog cheesecake pie comes together in minutes. It's a great recipe when you are short on time or you do not feel like baking.
- Crust - Mix together Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter and press in a 9 inch pie plate. Let it chill in the fridge while you make the filling layers.
- Cheesecake - Beat the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Fold in whipped topping to give it a light texture. Spread in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pudding - Whisk together the instant pudding and eggnog until it dissolves and thickens. Fold in Cool Whip and then spread on top of the cheesecake layer.
- Chill - Refrigerate the pie for a few hours. Top with extra Cool Whip and mini cookies before serving.
Cover the no bake eggnog pie tightly and refrigerate for 3-4 days. The crust may start to get soggy after that, but it will still taste great.
I do NOT recommend freezing this pie because the pudding layer may get watery after thawing which will also make the crust soggy.
Have leftover eggnog? Use it to make a batch of eggnog donuts, some eggnog scones, or a pan of eggnog sugar cookie bars.
Tips and Tricks
- Place the frozen Cool Whip in the fridge ahead of time. This way it will be thawed and ready to go when you want to make this pie.
- Using a light or fat free whipped topping or eggnog may affect how the pie filling layers set up. Full fat is recommended.
- Try using a graham cracker pie crust instead of the cookie crust.
- Use flavored eggnog to give the no bake pie a unique and delicious flavor.
- Whisk ½ teaspoon rum extract into the eggnog pudding to boost the flavor.
- Want a spiked eggnog pie for the adults? Whisk a few teaspoons of bourbon, whiskey, or rum into the eggnog before making pudding.
- Give the no bake pie time to set up in the refrigerator before cutting it into slices.
- Can't find eggnog? Try making your own with this homemade eggnog recipe.
Eggnog is a dessert drink that is made from milk, eggs, sugar, and spices. The rich and creamy milk punch is traditionally served during the holidays.
Yes, you can freeze an unopened carton of eggnog for up to 6 months. Make sure to place the container upright in the freezer to allow for any expansion as it freezes. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before drinking.
This no bake eggnog pie takes a few hours to set up, so it is a great recipe to make 1-2 days ahead of time.
More No Bake Pies
Love a recipe you tried from Inside BruCrew Life?
Please leave a 5 star ⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section further below.
*This post for No Bake Eggnog Pie was first published December 2014. It was updated and republished December 2022.
It was very hard to find an egg nog cheesecake recipe. I love this one but I substituted powder sugar for regular white sugar. I didn't think the powdered sugar was sweet enough. I had enough mix left over to make cup cakes as well. I made my crust with a granola biscotti chocolate chip mixture I made myself! I also used French vanilla pudding. I'm just tapping into the Baker inside of me!
a c y h o z
omg I think that I'm in love. So beautiful!!!
That's really funny! LOL! The little birdies were obviously hungry for pie 🙂 It looks great. I'm sure nothing will go wrong the next time you make it. * Knock on wood*
Kelly - Life Made Sweeter
Hahah, oh my goodness, can't believe how neat those birds are! Love this pie, the layers are gorgeous!
Julianne @ Beyond Frosting
I am nothing short of obsessed with this pie!!
Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking
Jocelyn, you are the BEST. To shoot a perfectly gorgeous pie after the birds picked off all the cookies?? You're my hero -- and way too cute! 🙂 Pinned!
Haha, thanks Amy! 😉
Love everything about this
Thanks Erin! 🙂
Too funny!!! This looks delicious!
amanda @ fake ginger
Oh my gosh, that's so funny! That was probably the best day ever for those birds! This pie looks delicious. I could go for a slice.
Thanks Amanda! I hope they enjoyed it! 😉
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust
I think that my fridge dying is up there on my fears about things breaking! Love this!
Lauren Kelly Nutrition
ok, first, how in the world do you get such a perfectly sliced of pie? That looks amazing!!
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures
Yum! Impressive birds!
I know! Crazy things! 😉
Melanie | Melanie Makes
Love the layers on this gorgeous pie, Jocelyn!
that is something I could totally see happening in my house 🙂 birds, dogs, I cannot ever leave anything out and unattended - it sure look good though
Haha! I definitely won't leave anything outside again unattended! 😉 Thanks Heather!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice
That's too funny about the birds, Jocelyn! Although I'm sure not really funny for you. But this pie looks amazing! What a great idea to make an eggnog layer. And I'm such a huge fan of no-bake desserts. This one is definitely a winner! Pinned!
Mandy @Mandy's Recipe Box
Oh my gosh, yes! This is the perfect pie. I will be so sad when Eggnog season is over 🙁
I will be too! Thanks Mandy! 🙂
I am a sucker for anything with eggnog in it. You even have layers - best pie ever!
Jen @ Baked by an Introvert
Oh my, that's hilarious! Those birds sure did hit the jack pot. The pie looks amazing!
Thanks Jen! 😉
Rachel @ Baked by Rachel
This is genius! My eggnog loving husband would love this!
You've had a rough month! Lost pictures, broken refrigerator, birds...what next? I hope that's it!
This is super pretty regardless of all the challenges! You kept going!
It has been pretty crazy! 😉 Thanks Mir!